Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Prologue

Welcome to my first Blog. I intend to add interesting and thoughtful posts here to provide insights into what I'm thinking about and what's going on in the life of my family.

The first event described here is Christmas of 2010. I love Christmas for several reasons. The most important two are the celebration of the Birth of Christ and the time I get to spend with my family. We enjoyed a nice Christmas at home and spent some time visiting with friends.

I visit a lot of local families in my current church volunteer work. We've been sharing a great video lately called The Nativity (sometimes called Luke 2) and sharing our thoughts and feelings about the Savior's birth, life and mission. I was going to post a link to it, but I can't find it except on YouTube merged by someone with a very nice song by Amy Grant. I'm not sure about the legality of that, so I won't post it.

The main gift Biz and I gave the family was a new iMac computer. I have never used an Apple computer other than an iPod before and this is a new adventure for me. I have a hard time navigating it, but will get better as I get used to it. Biz is expert at it now and can help and we'll attend the one-on-one training sessions at the local Apple store beginning Saturday. So, wish us luck! I'm sure it will be fine.

Here's what it looks like: http://www.apple.com/imac/

I hope you had a Merry Christmas and that you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good. The main trick is to just write/post. I found that Matt Might has some good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice starting blog post. Good luck in your new blogging adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job John! I fully support blogging, and look forward to reading yours.

    ReplyDelete